This year, one of our biggest objective is not only producing vegan beauty you will fall in love with but also living a more vegan life. A recent study undertaken by researchers at Oxford University has found that veganism is probably the single biggest way to reduce our environmental impact on the planet. Are you looking to dip your toes in a vegan lifestyle in 2019? Join us !!
Here are a few more ideas what we want to implement more actively in 2019 to live an even more sustainable life!
Living sustainably around the house
- During this time of the year, put on an extra layer of clothing instead of turning on the heating. Double up on your socks as it does wonders!!
- Open up your blinds and use as much natural light as possible before switching on your light bulbs. You all get to enjoy some more sunshine
- Turn off your lights when you leave a room.
- Put up a no junk mail sign on your letterbox to limit the amount of paper you consume.
- Hang your wet clothes on a drying line or rack instead of using a powered dryer.
- Hand wash your clothes, particularly if you only have a few items to clean.
- Start timing your showers. Or better yet, invest in a shower timer. Your skin would also welcome it !
- Grow your own herbs, fruit and vegetables even if it’s just a few pots around the house, it all helps! You don’t need a garden to start doing it.
- Turn off your devices at night including your wifi box.
- Get a water-saving shower head.
- Use organic fertilisers. Such as coffee after you made yourself a morning cup.
- Buy a second-hand bicycle and start using it to commute everywhere.
- Take stairs over the elevator. This also doubles up as a booty workout.
- Use public transport. It’s also an excellent opportunity to catch up on reading and other things you couldn’t do if you were driving.
Sustainable grocery shopping
- Don’t use plastic bags at checkout. Instead, take your own bags for groceries.
- Buy your produce in bulk from your local farmer’s markets.
- Avoid buying plastic-wrapped products, opt for a paper bag instead.
- Stop buying bottled water, like right now.
- Buy second-hand clothes where possible.
- Become a minimalist and take the 333 time capsule challenge.
- Invest in better quality items that last longer. Quality over quantity along our philosophy ‘less is more’.
- Support fashion brands that are ethical and environmentally conscious. Keep an out on our next blog post as we will be sharing our favourite ethical and environmentally conscious fashion outlets.
- Juice the off-cuts of your vegetables and fruits.
- Repurpose glass jars.
- Use washable metal straws instead of disposable plastic straws.
- Use cold water when hand washing dishes.
- Use cloths instead of paper towels.
- Make your own coffee instead of buying takeaway.
- Make your own coffee at home to avoid paper cups OR get one of those beautiful coffee mugs. <3 We absolutely love them !!
- Spend more time outside.
- Eat more whole foods.
- Plant a tree with someone. Or plant many!
- Borrow books from the library instead of purchasing them directly.
- Read your favourite newspaper publications online instead of reading the paper versions.
- Regularly prepare home cooked meals and save on takeaway storage containers (and money!)
- Stop accepting disposable cutlery and plastic straws!
We would love to hear from you how you will be living a more sustainable life in 2019! Please leave a comment below and join us in living more sustainably.