We use stone waste from the marble stone industry for our labels across all our products.  A tree-free paper made out of the waste of the stone production !

We wanted to find a paper that is tree-free and water-free to give back to nature but also as a commitment to our mission. All our products labels paper is based on upcycled waste, tree-free and water-free paper. No bleach or harsh chemicals involved. It has a special texture and soft touch and all made in Europe to support local sourcing and reduce our carbon footprint.

WHAT IS THE STONE PAPER MADE OF?
The surface contains up to 80% calcium carbonate (CaCO3), which comes from the waste from marble mining. The remaining 20% ​​consist of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), largely from consumer waste, such as from recycled plastic bottles.

HOW IS STONE PAPER DISPOSED OR CAN IT BE PROCESSED?
Stone paper is made from mining waste – the residual dust and smaller rock become calcium carbonate powder
grind. Since calcium carbonate is already used for the cheaper production of thicker PE films (1 – 5% are typically added), this carbonate is already present in the current PE reprocessing. Therefore, stone paper can be used in the usual category 2 recycling (polyethylene / PE) – to date there are no signs that the material has any negative effects on sorting or on conventional recycling systems. And in comparison to bioplastic doesn’t pollute today’s recycling process.

IS STONE PAPER BIODEGRADABLE?
The material begins to degrade after 9 to 14 months.

CAN THE MATERIAL BE LABELLED “TREE FREE”?
Although rock paper can be used for many of the same applications as traditional paper, it contains no cellulose and is “tree-free”. It also consumes far less energy than conventional cellulose paper, and it doesn’t need water to be produced.

IS STONE PAPER WATERPROOF?
Yes. The material remains unaffected by contact with water and can even be labeled while wet. The material is also suitable for use in wet rooms / bathrooms.

HOW DOES THE STABILITY OF STONE PAPER WITH RECYCLED PAPER TO COMPARE?
Stone paper is more durable than recycled paper. Although recycled paper rarely uses fresh fibers, it needs a lot of water, bleach and other chemicals. It creates even more waste than the production of virgin fiber paper. Stone paper does not require any toxic chemicals during the process Manufacturing. It uses less water and no virgin fibers and it is for a wide range for applications suitable. An independent KIWA report shows that stone paper – compared to paper pulp – represents a 67% lower environmental impact and uses 82% less energy.

CELLULOSE PAPER CAN BE REPROCESSED 7 TIMES. WOULD IT BE BETTER TO USE CELLULOSE PAPER?
No, because besides the advantages mentioned above, every recycling process has a considerable harmful impact on the environment. Stone paper bypasses environmental pollution, energy and water consumption and use of chemicals used to reprocess cellulose paper. So overall stone paper has a lower carbon footprint compared to cellulose paper.