Why we go beyond our products? And the importance to look at the end to end lifespan of a product.
At NAYA, I am not interested in creating superfluous products, those without depth and meaning. I care about the suppliers we work, as well as our consumers too. That’s one of the many reasons why we don’t distinguish by skin type; we sell products designed to improve skin needs. At NAYA, our mission is to empower our customers to learn more about the skin they’re in and what it truly needs.
NAYA’s efficacious skincare range is committed to nature and based on science. Our brand philosophy is of a ‘less is more’ approach; not only because it is more sustainable to the planet, but also more sustainable to your skin. The potent range is formulated in partnership with the Green Boutique laboratory in Germany. The collection contains a high concentration of plant-based nutrients and bio-active ingredients which are scientifically proven to transform the skin from within.
What was our core desire?
Our desire is to focus on the essentials. We want to simplify your skincare regime by eliminating the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. No trade-offs, and no compromises required. And that’s why we created NAYA: to provide safely made products, giving back what we take out, transforming one skin at a time.
What is our star ingredient?
Our star ingredient – Cacay Oil – is sustainably sourced from the Amazon in Columbia. We work directly with the farmers involved in harvesting the oil, to protect and cultivate 30-50 hectares within the rainforest. We have launched an agroforestry project called ‘Tierra Radiante – Roots to Glow’ where the harvesters grow Cacay and indigenous plants from the area to replace those used within the product formulations. To date, we have planted 1500 seeds.
At NAYA we go beyond our products and look at the afterlife of our packaging. 2020 was the year we decided to focus on improvements and how we can offer a more sustainable offering. Thus we have put the following in place:
- Our labels are made of up-cycled stone flour from the marble industry in Germany and is biodegradable and water-free.
- Our products are housed in recycled glass bottles sourced from Germany.
- We use plant-based colours and natural adhesives for our packaging – so no toxic leaks into the soil.
- Our marketing material is printed on grass or recycled paper from Germany.
- We work with the Woodland Trust to plant a tree whenever we buy the paper for our cartons.
- We have worked in partnership with Climate Partner to conduct an in-depth review of our entire business to understand our CO2 emissions. The aim to become carbon-neutral, eventually carbon-negative starting by certifying each of our products.
- In partnership with Climate Partner, we are investing in a community in the Amazon who harvest Acai.
- Each product is vegan and cruelty-free using COSMOS certified ingredients.
It is possible to run a business in a sustainable way “It isn’t enough to just look for quality in the products we buy, we must ensure there is quality in the lives of the people who make them.” That is why we do what we do and why we launched NAYA.