A beautiful and delicious combo for a delicious treat.
180g unsweetened desiccated coconut
60g tahini butter*
60g coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp Manuka Honey or Maple Syrup
250g dark chocolate of choice, finely chopped for coating (I use above 80%)
Toasted Coconut Flakes for decorating
- Whisk together the coconut, cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut and collagen to the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Press mixture into a silicone egg mould, packing the mixture down tightly
- Place into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe jug or bowl using 30 second increments to prevent the chocolate burning or cooking
- One at a time, place a coconut egg into the chocolate, spoon chocolate over the top, life up with a spoon, transfer to a fork, tap off excess chocolate, and place onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle with rose petals or coconut flakes if desired.
- Store coated eggs in the fridge for up to two weeks. Best removed from the fridge 10 minutes before serving for the most delicious soft, slightly chewy, coconutty texture!
Why not add your favourite collagen or other dried powders to the mix to give it that personal touch!
A darker colour cashew butter will take away from the white colour of the coconut filling, but they will still be delicious. Alternatively you could use tahini spread.
Find more wonderful Easter recipes on Lynn’s wonderful food blog.